Mountain climbing, camping, outing...These are all outdoor travel activities that people love very much in spring. Since it is going out, of course, it is inevitable to carry a lot of necessary items, so backpacks become a must. A good outdoor backpack not only has the basic functions of loading and liberating the hands, but also can maintain body balance and make the journey safer and more comfortable. What's more, it can make users look more fashionable and have the effect of pleasant mood.
So how do we buy and use outdoor travel backpacks? According to experts, the current backpack is mainly made of nylon and CORDURA. The latter is actually a synthetic nylon cloth, which has all the advantages of nylon and is more wear-resistant, but slightly heavier. After selecting the material, determine the capacity. Generally speaking, outdoor backpacks with a backpack capacity of more than 50 liters will adopt the "flexible capacity" design. Even after long-term activities, the backpack can still be sturdy, making this type of backpack suitable for different activities. However, small and medium-sized backpacks below 50 liters do not need this design.
The important factor that determines the comfort of the backpack is its carrying system. The main function of the carrying system is to reasonably distribute the weight to all parts of the body and avoid the concentration of weight on the shoulders. In addition, it also provides adjustment of the center of gravity to increase balance and safety during operations. Medium and large backpacks usually form a carrying system with a back frame as the center, and the back frame can be divided into two types: outer frame and inner frame.
The outer frame type backpack is to fix the back bag on a hard frame (aluminum alloy is common), with tight nylon shoulder straps and hip fixing straps. It is characterized by a high center of gravity, about at or above the shoulder. The high center of gravity design is suitable for carrying on a flat road, not suitable for occasions that require a high degree of balance. The advantage is that it is easy to load and take items, and the weight can be shared by the shoulders and hips, and the back is well ventilated.
Inner-frame backpacks have no obvious frame on the outside. They usually use detachable or hidden side pockets and have a relatively long and narrow appearance. Therefore, such backpacks are usually called "upright backpacks". The upright backpack has a built-in aluminum frame for shaping, and there is a hip belt to transfer part of the weight to the hip. It is characterized by a slightly lower center of gravity, which can be adjusted between the shoulders and hips. It is suitable for climbing occasions that need to maintain balance, and can prevent the backpack from shaking at shoulder height.
After choosing a backpack, how to load it is also a knowledge. Poor filling will affect the convenience and comfort of use, or cause the center of gravity to shift and damage the backpack. Therefore, in addition to categorizing various items according to their purpose when loading a backpack, the following principles should also be paid attention to:
1. Place the heavy weight on the upper middle and as close to the back as possible, so that the center of gravity can be close to the back to avoid the feeling of being pulled back. Large and light items can be placed underneath, so as not to affect the center of gravity; in addition, because the heavy objects are pressed on top, the backpack will be more compact after a period of use.
2. Don't put hard objects on the back part, or they will directly hit the back uncomfortable or even hurt the back when falling, or because the hard objects and the back frame are only separated by a layer of backpack cloth, it is easy to wear the backpack cloth broken.
3. The weight of the items placed on the left and right sides of the backpack should be similar to avoid shifting the center of gravity. Raincoats, drinking water, and other things used on the day should be placed on or easily accessible.
4. There is the concept of using item sorting bags. Put similar items or items used at the same time in the same bag for easy access, especially loose small items.
5. Develop the habit of placing it at a fixed point, so that not only the packing of the backpack is quicker, but also the things you want can be found in the dark environment.
6. Try to change the loading method to minimize unnecessary hanging outside the backpack, which will not only affect the safety of the operation and be unsightly.